With the CalDAV-Sync app, you can also use your Posteo calendar on your Android smartphone or tablet.
CalDAV-Sync is a paid app and is available on Google Play.
How to set up your Posteo calendar with CalDAV-Sync on your Android device
- Open the app CalDAV Sync on your Android smartphone or tablet.
- Tap on the Posteo logo located underneath "Add account …" .
- Enter your Posteo email address.
- Enter your Posteo password.
- Tap on Next.
- Mark the calendars you would like to synchronise with a checkmark.
- Confirm with Next.
- Enter your email address or some other text as the account name.
- Confirm with Finish.
- Complete the setup by tapping on Done.
How to create entries in the Posteo calendar
When creating a new calendar entry, the Android calendar app remembers the calendar that was last used for creating an entry. After installing the Posteo calendar, create a first calendar entry so that the Posteo calendar will be automatically chosen by default when creating new entries. To do so, follow these steps:
- Open the Android calendar app and click on the plus symbol to add a new calendar entry.
- Tap on the calendar selection underneath the calendar entry name.
- Select your Posteo calendar and save the entry.
Special cases and errors with specific versions of Android
It’s possible that your Posteo account may be deleted from your Android device when updating the CalDAV-Sync app on certain versions of Android and Samsung devices. For further instructions and workarounds, see the app’s page on Google Play.
Note: Your calendar entries on the Posteo server are not affected by this error.