You can use your Posteo account immediately after registering – even if we have not received your payment yet.
The most important features of your account are already available to you. To protect you and other internet users from spam and misuse, we have had to set some restrictions to new, unpaid accounts.
The following features are not available to you until your payment has been received:
- Email aliases
- Email collectors
- Posteo migration service
- Posteo crypto mail storage
- TLS-sending guarantee
- Inbound encryption (with OpenPGP or S/MIME)
- Encryption of the address book and calendar
Restrictions on sending and receiving emails:
- Your mailbox’s storage is limited to 20 MB until payment has arrived (quota).
- You cannot send more than 2 emails within 2 hours.
- You can only exchange emails within Posteo and with some major providers:
Once we have received your payment, all restrictions will be removed.