Do you access your email account using an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch? If so, you should be aware that the iOS operating system automatically deleted emails in the trash after a week. As a matter of principle, Posteo never deletes emails that are saved in your account.
In this help article you will discover how you can deactivate deletion of the trash contents by iOS.
Not emptying the trash automatically
- Open the Settings
- Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Tap your Posteo account
- Tap Account
- Open Advanced (at the bottom)
- Under Deleted messages tap Remove
- Select Never
- Navigate back via Advanced and then Account
- Confirm the change by tapping Done