For customers with an Office 365 subscription, Microsoft Office also exists for Mac. This help article explains how to set up your Posteo account in Outlook for Mac.
Setting up Posteo email
To set up Posteo in Outlook for Mac, install and activate Outlook on your Mac. Next, proceed as folows:
- From the menu, click Extras.
- Click Accounts.
- Click the envelope symbol next to “Other email”.
- Enter your Posteo email address and password.
- For the User name, enter your Posteo email address.
- For Type, leave the standard choice, IMAP.
- For incoming and outgoing servers, enter posteo.de for both.
- Place a tick next to “Use SSL to connect (recommended)”.
- Finally, click Add account.
Now you also need to change a setting for the outgoing server.
- In the account overview, click More options.
- In the “Authentication” menu, select Use Incoming Server Info.
- Confirm by clicking OK.
You can now close the account settings. Setup of Posteo in Microsoft Outlook is now complete – you can send and receive emails.
Posteo address book and calendar
The current version of Microsoft Outlook for Mac does not offer support for the open address book and calendar standards CardDAV and CalDAV. You can, however, set up your Posteo address book and calendar in the Mac OS programs “Contacts” and “Calendar”. Please see our help articles: