Activate your spam folder: All emails that are classified as spam will then be delivered in this folder.
How to activate the Posteo spam folder
- First, log in to your Posteo account at Posteo.de.
- Open Settings.
- Select My account.
- Open the menu item Configure spam filter.
- Confirm by clicking on Activate spam folder.
That's it! You have now activated the Posteo spam folder.
As soon as you have activated the spam folder, all emails that are classified as spam or as unsafe will be sorted into this spam folder. Here are a few important pieces of information to consider:
- Contents of the spam folder are potentially dangerous. Therefore, treat such emails with heightened caution. Never click on links. Never open attachments.
- For your protection, the ability to load images within the spam folder in the Posteo web interface is deactivated. If you are 100% sure that the email is not spam, you can move the email to another folder and load images there.
- Check your spam folder regularly. Legitimate emails are often overlooked in spam folders. This can result in a break in communication. The sender of an email is not notified of this as the system delivered the email to your account.
From a legal standpoint, this can be problematic. Because even if emails are overlooked in spam folders, they generally count as legally delivered.
- If you use an external email client like Outlook, Apple Mail, Thunderbird, etc., it is possible that it may automatically delete emails in the spam folder or may also sort emails into the spam folder itself. We have no influence over this. Adjust this setting as needed.
- Activating the spam folder can result in an increased amount of spam emails in your mailbox. This is because emails are no longer rejected, but rather accepted. Senders of spam consider this a success.