In this help article you will learn how to create a contact in the Posteo address book.
How to create a new contact in Posteo webmail
- Open the Address Book.
- Click on the Plus symbol above the list of contacts
On the right side of the contact list, an input form is now displayed.
- Enter a name.
- Enter all the information you want to save.
Tip: You can add more information (e.g. additional email addresses and phone numbers) by inserting additional fields (see section below).
- Click on Save.
Done. You have created a contact.
If you synchronize your address book with a smartphone or email client, the new contact will also be displayed on your devices after your next synchronization.
Alternative: How to add the sender of an email to your address book
You want to save the sender of an email as a new contact in your address book? You can do so directly from the email. Proceed as follows:
- Open the email whose sender you want to save in the address book.
- Click the person icon next to the sender's email address.
Done. You have saved the contact in your address book. Important: You create a new contact by clicking on the person icon. Existing contacts will not be added.
How to add additional address book data to a contact
You can add additional data to a contact, such as a second email address, by inserting additional address book fields. To do so, open the contact and click Edit. Then proceed as follows:
- Click on the Add field... drop-down menu under the existing data.
- Select the field (e.g. email) you want to add.
Done. You have inserted an additional address book field. Now enter the desired information and confirm the changes by clicking Save.